Re: 8/30/59 Video After Derailment.

Cohen Bob

Today, a short distance south is the nearest road crossing, an overpass for Twinbrook Parkway. I suspect that whenever that overpass was built, was when the grade crossing was eliminated, so likely sometime between 1959 and 1972.

That said, in an interesting sidelight to history, there are a couple of long unused boxcars on an abandoned siding almost directly beneath the overpass. You can't easily see them during the growing season but in winter they are easier seen. I think they were (or maybe still are) storage for an auto-parts concern. That may be outdated but they were for a long while. All this is not far south from the Twinbrook Metrorail station.

Bob Cohen

Join main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.