From: Edwin Kirstatter <q1xamacarthur1@...>
To: main@baltimoreandohiorailroadlist.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 13, 2021 12:12 am
Subject: Re: [BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList] Followup N-35/N35a images - Early Linking 13 States images

Looking at B&O Official Equipment Diagrams we find the Class N-35 built in 1940 and 1941, 50 Ton Steel Hoppers were built by Bethlehem Steel Co. and General American Transport, 1000 cars each with 9-Q trucks and Duryea Underframe.

The N-35A cars were built from 1944 to 1947 by Beth. Stl. Co., Pull. Std., A C & F, Ralston, and Pressed Steel. in 500 to 1000 batches with 9-T trucks and Duryea Underframe with type 1 single spring and AAR Z-26 Center Sills.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 7:45 PM Joe Nevin <jfnevin@...> wrote:
No, Bethlehem Steel  built both  classes.  However, GATC also built N-35, and Pressed Steel, Ralston Steel, Pullman, and AC&F also built N-35a.  I do not know the difference between the classes,but the N-35a was built to a modified speciation.
Do not give up!  John Teichmoeller, Ben Hom, or other hopper guy may yet ring in.

Joe

--
Ed K.

Join main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.