From: main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io <main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io> on behalf of main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io Notification <noreply@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 7:24 PM
To: main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io <main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io>
Subject: [BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList] Photo GP-7 at Bethesda 1956.jpg uploaded #photo-notice

The following photos have been uploaded to the Diesel and Electric Power album of the main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io group.

By: Edward

Jim Mischke

In June 1958, B&O reassigned its 19 passenger GP9 6600-6618 into freight service.   The 6601 and 6610 were known to have been repainted into the freight scheme.  The others stayed blue and gray until about 1964.

While the blue and gray passenger GP7/GP9 were bought and deployed for particular trains, they were kept busy around the clock.  In the Baltimore area, these geeps operated race trains and local freights.  Ben Sullivan once posted some links/photos of B&O passenger geeps making pickups and setouts.   Can't put my keystrokes on it right now.

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 08:27:59 PM MDT, Frank Barna <cbarna@...> wrote:

Did the B&O ever have to run their two-tone painted passenger GEEPS on freight trains? Did the B&O have power shortages?

Carl Barna