This one's for you, Tom Greco!

Helen M. Beggane or / and Tom Greco

My Engine!!!

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 11:59:36 AM CST, Joe Nevin <jfnevin@...> wrote:

This one's for you, Tom Greco!

Edward

I tried to save this really great photo, but it shows as a PART file, with the name dummyfile0, which I've never heard of before.
When 'saved,' it's a blank space that has nothing to open or show, yet it shows up here.
If this is a restricted 1956 photo, perhaps it should not have been posted?

Since it appears as an e-mail attachment, it will eventually be taken off by Groups io, once that album exceeds its limit which is very close by now, with over 1,000 images in it.

Although I have been granted moderator status and try to be a curator for this group's photo albums, I find I cannot move any photos from the e-mail album to other subject oriented folder for future reference in this or for the SIRT sub-group.

Ed  Bommer

Robert Federle

Ed,

I right clicked on the image in the original post and clicked on Copy Image and then went to a folder or to the desktop and right clicked and selected Paste. It copied and it did open. Try that.

Robert Federle
Hamilton Ohio

From: main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io <main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io> on behalf of Edward <edb8381@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7:45 PM
To: main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io <main@BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BaltimoreAndOhioRailroadList] Last train to Pittsburgh #photo-notice

I tried to save this really great photo, but it shows as a PART file, with the name dummyfile0, which I've never heard of before.
When 'saved,' it's a blank space that has nothing to open or show, yet it shows up here.
If this is a restricted 1956 photo, perhaps it should not have been posted?

Since it appears as an e-mail attachment, it will eventually be taken off by Groups io, once that album exceeds its limit which is very close by now, with over 1,000 images in it.

Although I have been granted moderator status and try to be a curator for this group's photo albums, I find I cannot move any photos from the e-mail album to other subject oriented folder for future reference in this or for the SIRT sub-group.

Ed  Bommer

John Kernan

Robert,
What browser are you using?

John Kernan

Andrew Roberts

Nice one Joe!
--
Andrew Roberts
Monrovia, MD

Edward

Edited

I can see the photo quite well well in the message.
It also shows in the E mailed Photos album of the Photos section.
This picture has a file extension name of  'PART file.'
It is not a recognized photo file extension name so far as I can see.
If I save it to my computer, I get a blank box.

The name of that photo is also strange, being 'dummyfile.0' .
Try downloading it to save.
If you can indeed save this photo on your computer's drive (not just a link to it, but the photo itself), let us know how you did it.

I tried the "Copy Image" and paste to a folder procedure, but 'paste' is dimmed out.
I use WIN 10, MS Edge.

Many thanks,
Ed Bommer.

Ed Bommer

Edward

I just tried another way to download this photo.
I clicked on "Search the web for image."
The photo shows and beside it was a "Pages with this" title and a choice of two different size photos.
The larger, 1024 x 702 or so is from Pintarest. A smaller one is from SmugMug.
I downloaded the larger one, (it's smaller than the one posted here) and it downloaded.
It is a JPG file, with a very long alpha-numeric name which can easily be changed.
I tried doing that a second time, but the JPG image is then a thumbnail with the file name OIP.
So much for being 'piggy' about this, I guess.
I will put a copy of it into our group's Steam Locomotives album.

Ed Bommer

Robert Federle

Mozilla

Robert Federle