M&K Engine Service Building

Sherman Everlof

Can someone point me in the direction of any plans or measurements for the Engine House at M&K Junction.  Many thanks!

Jim Mischke

Here is a small clue, the engine house at Hardman (just east for Grafton) was the same design, for the same purpose.   Running repairs for articulated helpers.  If you find one, you find the other.

On Monday, June 21, 2021, 03:47:42 PM MDT, Sherman Everlof <heverlof2@...> wrote:

Can someone point me in the direction of any plans or measurements for the Engine House at M&K Junction.  Many thanks!

david vartanoff

My memory says there were pix and plans in either MR or RMC several decades ago.  I no longer warehouse those but someone on list might.

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 1:44:33 AM UTC, Jim Mischke <jmischke@...> wrote:

Here is a small clue, the engine house at Hardman (just east for Grafton) was the same design, for the same purpose.   Running repairs for articulated helpers.  If you find one, you find the other.

On Monday, June 21, 2021, 03:47:42 PM MDT, Sherman Everlof <heverlof2@...> wrote:

Can someone point me in the direction of any plans or measurements for the Engine House at M&K Junction.  Many thanks!

Bob Weston

The March 1962 issue of "Model Railroader" has an article entitled "Modeler's notes from M&K Junction: helper terminal: pgs 30-35. No drawings of the engine house but a lot of pictures.
Bob Weston

John Teichmoeller

The late Charles Roberts had a model of the enginehouse on his HO layout on Avalon Hill.  Built by the late Andy Holzopfel (sp?).  Photos of prototype and model in West End, pages 202-203 but no drawings.   Not sure who the model passed to, possibly the late John Schletzer for a while who  may have sold it to Sam Romerstein (whom I don’t know but haven’t seen anything from in a while.) Model was built to scale, no selective compression, 44” long I think.  I saw it once on Avalon Hill.

Check the American Memories HAER recordation database; they may have produced measured drawings.  It would be indexed as HAER WV-###.