Need Engine class info

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Group,

What were the B&O engine class designation for the GP30s and GP35s locomotives?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

Edwin Kirstatter

Starting with the GP-30s they were classed GP-30 and up as newer ones came.

--
Ed K.

Robert Federle

All,

The GP30 was FSE-5. Not sure the meaning but this was on Flickr. GP35 stayed with the GP35 designation. Try this link,

BALTIMORE AND OHIO DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES. Here are links to 54 diesel locomotive diagrams copied from the Baltimore and Ohio Diesel Locomotive Diagram Book.
www.borail.net

Robert Federle
Hamilton Ohio

Starting with the GP-30s they were classed GP-30 and up as newer ones came.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:59 AM Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:
Group,

What were the B&O engine class designation for the GP30s and GP35s
locomotives?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

--
Ed K.

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Ed,

Thanks, My friend Barry provided the same info a few minutes ago.

Ed Sauers

On 6/22/2021 11:53 AM, Edwin Kirstatter wrote:
Starting with the GP-30s they were classed GP-30 and up as newer ones came.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:59 AM Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:
Group,

What were the B&O engine class designation for the GP30s and GP35s
locomotives?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

--
Ed K.

Edwin Kirstatter

I didn't look it up in Miskies books.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 12:27 PM Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:

Ed,

Thanks, My friend Barry provided the same info a few minutes ago.

Ed Sauers

On 6/22/2021 11:53 AM, Edwin Kirstatter wrote:
Starting with the GP-30s they were classed GP-30 and up as newer ones came.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:59 AM Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:
Group,

What were the B&O engine class designation for the GP30s and GP35s
locomotives?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

--
Ed K.

--
Ed K.

Jim Mischke

The B&O diesel classes changed over at year-end 1964 from B&O's strange custom classes to EMD designations.  This was as B&O/C&O mechanical department combined.

GP30 clss was FSE-5 from delivery, then GP30.

GP35 never had a B&O class, they came marked GP35 in 1964, same with SD35.

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 10:20:18 AM MDT, Robert Federle <rfederle@...> wrote:

All,

The GP30 was FSE-5. Not sure the meaning but this was on Flickr. GP35 stayed with the GP35 designation. Try this link,

BALTIMORE AND OHIO DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES. Here are links to 54 diesel locomotive diagrams copied from the Baltimore and Ohio Diesel Locomotive Diagram Book.
www.borail.net

Robert Federle
Hamilton Ohio

Starting with the GP-30s they were classed GP-30 and up as newer ones came.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:59 AM Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:
Group,

What were the B&O engine class designation for the GP30s and GP35s
locomotives?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

--
Ed K.

Ralph Balfoort

Robert Federle wrote:
< The GP30 was FSE-5. Not sure the meaning
----------------------------
I'm going to guess
F = Freight
S = (Road) Switcher (?)
E = EMD
5 = 5th series (but series of what I don't know)

Ralph V. Balfoort
Retired D&H and VRS

Robert Federle

Thanks Ralph,

That was my assumption as well as a while back I looked for SE-5 for the NW2 EMD's and I thought Switcher Emd.

Robert Federle
Hamilton Ohio

< The GP30 was FSE-5. Not sure the meaning
----------------------------
I'm going to guess
F = Freight
S = (Road) Switcher (?)
E = EMD
5 = 5th series (but series of what I don't know)

Ralph V. Balfoort
Retired D&H and VRS

Jim Mischke

That works, Ralph.