RDC Decals

Ed.Sauers

Group,

I just had RDC decals created for my S-scale RDC, I can easily produce these in other scale if interested. Please contact me OFF-LIST at edsauers@... if interested.

Thanks

Ed Sauers

Bruce Elliott

                           Good morning Ed;

                  FYI; Many moons ago Mt. Clare Shops did lettering for the RDC's, I still have a set. I surmise that the decals were created for brass models at the time.

Bruce

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 8:05:24 AM EDT, Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:

Group,

I just had RDC decals created for my S-scale RDC, I can easily produce these in other scale if interested. Please contact me OFF-LIST at edsauers@... if interested.

Thanks

Ed Sauers

Ed.Sauers

Bruce,

I need these for my S-scale RDC, so I just thought I see if there was any interest. Maybe N scale, but I have already got a few interested in the HO set. My set has number board lettering made up also.

Thanks for the info!!

Ed Sauers

On 7/5/2021 10:13 AM, Bruce Elliott via groups.io wrote:
                           Good morning Ed;

                  FYI; Many moons ago Mt. Clare Shops did lettering for the RDC's, I still have a set. I surmise that the decals were created for brass models at the time.

Bruce

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 8:05:24 AM EDT, Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:

Group,

I just had RDC decals created for my S-scale RDC, I can easily produce these in other scale if interested. Please contact me OFF-LIST at edsauers@... if interested.

Thanks

Ed Sauers

John Teichmoeller

The “Mt. Clare Shops” (Pro Custom) also has the rectangular Daylight Speedliner plates and the Capitol Dome emblem.  I’ve never checked dimensions on these.

jt

--
John Teichmoeller
Editor, The B&O Modeler

Jim Mischke

Before we get too far along with B&O RDC decals, please be aware that B&O RDC letterboard extended roman "Baltimore and Ohio" is 4.5 inches high, not five inches high.  So tha aspect ratio is different on RDC's than on diesels, steam locomotives, and passenger cars.

Ed, do your decals reflect this?   Do moons ago Mt. Clare Shops decals reflect this?

I think I have seen some blue B&O RDC decals around.  Prototype B&O RDC lettering was black.

Rapido did their recent RDC releases with proper 4.5 inch high letterboard lettering.  Because I advised them to.

.

Cast brass capitol dome heralds were 16 inches outside diameter, maybe 16.75 overall diameter including a circumferential flange for attachment bolts.

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 10:17:42 AM MDT, John Teichmoeller <rmighpr@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim,

The decal maker I am using now creates all his lettering from actual photos. he is not using the fonts available on the B&ORRHS site.

Ed Sauers

On 7/5/2021 1:12 PM, Jim Mischke wrote:

[...]

Wallace Steinbrecher

Hello Ed,

I would need 4 sets in HO.

Regards,
Wallace Steinbrecher

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 6:05 AM Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...> wrote:

Group,

I just had RDC decals created for my S-scale RDC, I can easily produce these in other scale if interested. Please contact me OFF-LIST at edsauers@... if interested.

Thanks

Ed Sauers

Wallace Steinbrecher

Apologies to the list...was meant to go off list to Ed.

Regards,
Wallace Steinbrecher